Friday, April 29, 2011

botanical gardens

We took a great drive 8 miles from home to the Brookside botanical gardens. Such a beautiful day when we went a couple of weeks ago. Stunning walk ways and everyone was out since it was a warm 83 ยบ.



Rows and beds of beautiful tulips in stunning bright red-orange. A feast of beauty.



The lake in the mitts of everything was a reflective sight. Blue skies reflected off the calm waters.

CR: I am eating well with the right portions and not knit picking the percentages to death but the totals are around 1200 give or take 100 kal. I have lost the jiggle and am working on walking a bit more when the weather permits. Along with CR I incorporate some exercise. This weekend is suppose to be wonderful. I plan a 7 to 10 mile hike Saturday or Sunday morning around Lake Frank. Getting my stretch in prior to hiking. I will enjoy listening to the birds in the serene forest as I hike through the leaves and rocks and hills. I am hoping to see deer and offspring grazing. I will also hope to be always fascinated with whatever birds and small animals happily foraging throughout the serene cool forest.

Home front: I have purchased a home on my own. Location 28 miles due north of my present stay. A quaint small home which was originally a 3 bedroom home but the master now has a sitting room. So a quaint home with a big master bedroom, another bedroom and bath with a wonderful front and backyard. I am patiently waiting. My offer was Monday the seller accepted Tuesday and I am giddy Wednesday and Thursday and yet perhaps tomorrow too. I plan a friendly bird paradise and with flowers and greenery abundance. I hope all goes well with the inspection and paperwork and bank and then I shall receive the keys at the end.

NOTE: You may use my pictures in this botanical garden article as screen savers with my permission. Please do not sell these photos and please give credit if used kindly.