Monday, March 7, 2011

tulip candies to the eyes

For the last 5 years we have planted more and more tulips and have a wide variety. This shot I took of is the Breck's perennial tulip mix super sak®. Here is the link to Breck's. The mix is a variety of long-lasting blooms and these bulbs are from Holland. Every bulb and plantings we have purchased have bloomed to our expectations. They make lovely arrangements, like candy to the eyes. I will follow-up with growth every so often to have a diary of the tulips.

CR: I followed an old recipe from a cook book that's been in the family over 50 years. A pristine collectors copy Betty Crocker 1956. I was dismayed by the quantity of salt it required, 1 teaspoon. I couldn't do it... so when we were ready to eat I sat the salt shaker out. mmmm but I still couldn't do it. For the recipe next time I will chop in some celery and veggies in. Since celery and other vegetables have natural salts and its flavor will complete it and not the teaspoon of salt. Then I will be okay.