Thursday, July 23, 2009

clams & pinot grigio



Gourmet magazine gave me an idea for dinner with clams in white wine. Clams are a good source of B-12 and iron for good health. I found an article that describes buying clams and cleaning them as well as preparation, click here. Also, I will be cooking them with Pinot Grigio wine that I enjoy drinking. Pairing this wine with seafood is recommended, here are notes on wine. This week I have changed the intensity of my daily exercise routine to a higher level. I will be including specific sculpting and abs exercises about 1-1/4 hrs alternating each day with 1 hour cardio whole body burns. Today is my third day and scheduled is cardio burn. I do feel the muscles feeling worked. So I alternate the day's exercises to rest parts of my body that need it.

Today's food diary

Morning tea and also throughout the day
1 cup expresso sometime during the day
1 hour Cardio Burn
1 serving Whey Protein mixed with water after workout

Lunch
Big Romaine Salad with Turkey Breast
140 g Romaine Lettuce
80 g Roma Tomatoe sliced
65 g Jenny 'O Turkey Breast smoked in strips
12 g Walnuts for crunch
2 T Wish-Bone Light Sweet & Spicy French, 50 calories

Snack
Smoothie for a humid day... to sip while I take a walk
I use a Kitchen Aid blender on High 10 seconds, Makes 16 oz.
This Smoothie is 150 calories and is very filling.
1 cup ice
145 g Strawberries fresh
60 g Plain Yogurt, full fat
62 g or 1 medium Banana

Dinner
Seafood Dinner, Clams with French Bread
2 pats Butter, full fat salted, cook garlic in butter briefly, then add spices
2 Cloves Garlic sliced and 1/4 Tsp red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
70 g Pinot Grigio Wine with 1 splash of water bring up heat
2 lbs Clams in shell steamed covered, 7-10 minutes
10 parsley sprigs chopped for garnish on seafood
1 T Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese grated over seafood dish
4" French Bread Plain or sourdough
=>Optional 1 glass of Pinot Gris wine, then add 122 calories 5 fl oz

Snack
70 g Blueberries
1 Tall glass of Iced Tea

Nightcap
Something hot to drink while I do paperwork
2 cups Tea and Stevia, decaffinated

This is 1,000 calories: 107 grams carbs, 78 grams protein, 28 grams fat
Vitamins-A 496%, Folate 115%, B2 101%, B3 128%,
B12 2802% this score is up from the clams in food diary
Vitamins C 192%
Minerals Copper 147%, Iron 325%
Omega-3 107% and Omega-6 40%
Meals and snacks are at 2 to 3 hours.
I use vitamins and mineral supplements on things I am low on.
Today's food diary=> 30:40:25:(5 alcohol) protein:carb:fat:alcohol