Saturday, April 18, 2009

today's view

I believe exercise should be part of a daily lifestyle.  I choose Pilates as mine. Pilates strengthens your core and lengthens your muscles.  Using coordination and breathing exercises pilates also relaxes your mind.  Exercises strengthen and lengthen your muscles during the routine and at cool down.  Here are some exercises to try out.  I use my weight with 2 resistance bands on these exercises: bicep and pectoral curls.

Here is my Aero Pilates Machine





Here is a great bicep exercise=> Rowing:Bicep Curls



Here is a great pectoral exercise=> Rowing:Pectoral Pulls


I do my Pilates Level 2 exercises one day then Pilates Cardio the next. I try to jazz it up by using different resistance bands or different Levels 1 or 2 that day.  

Today's food diary

Morning tea and also throughout the day
1 cup coffee sometime during the day
20 minutes Pilates Cardio rebounder, pilates machine
28 g Whey Protein mixed with water after workout

Lunch
100 g Spinach fresh
21 g Walnuts
20 g Cranberries dried
2 T Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette, 80 calories
1 Hard boiled egg

Snack
135 g Blueberries
175 g Almond Breeze, source of Vitamin D

Dinner
95 g Chicken Teriyaki
100 g Brown Rice
100 g Stir-fry veggies mushrooms, red bell pepper, broccoli

Snack
120 g Strawberries
1 T Cocoa, CR Cocoa mixed with hot water

This is 1,000 calories: 108 grams carbs, 78 grams protein, 34 grams fat
Vitamin D: Almond Breeze and gardening outside with hat, sunscreen
Omega-3 vitamins at 156% and Omega-6 vitamins at 71%
Vitamin C at 163% and Vitamin E at 90%
Meals and snacks are at 2 to 3 hours
I use vitamins and mineral supplements on things I am low on.
Today's food=> protein:carb:fat  30:40:30