Saturday, January 3, 2009

fireplace

It's a cold Saturday morning and the weather should continue throughout the weekend.

Exercise: A no stress pilates Level 1 workout. I watched Marjolein on tv again as she demonstrated workouts while advertising the new pilates machine with extras. I finally intently listened to the the 10 week muscle gain and fat loss experiment. It seems she meant using the Cardio Workout on the jump board consistently three times a week for 10 weeks. I will then test that theory and include it starting tomorrow 3 times a week, in addition to the Level 1 which I do every day. Other than my exercise routine my activity is medium to low.

Home: I lit the fireplace this morning but noticed a smokiness behind the glass. SD told me to put the fireplace out until tonight. This evening we emptied the logs and the ashes. SD readied new wood and lit it. I noted I see alot of smoke rolling around inside. He said it was actually steaming due the wood is a little wet. Ah ha, I was taken to know that this was actually going on. I wonder, can you take back firewood that is slightly wet. When we bought it, Carla said she delayed delivery that morning until they sorted out the dry pieces for us. Carla said that she didn't deliver at 10am because they received wet wood and waited for more wood from their source. Can I still call her on it, even though it has already been 2 weeks? Quandary, what is the right action here.

Food: 812 calories, 26:35:39 (p:c:f), After exercising and a relaxing cup of tea the morning was peaceful. I had a big salad for brunch: baby spinach, red onion, walnuts, sliced apple and vinaigrette. For late supper we had beef and peppers with baby corn and brown rice. I usually cook brown rice on the stove and watch it every minute. Instead, I used the mini rice cooker and relieved myself of the extra work. After completing my food numbers, I think beef is not a good choice and I will go back to chicken or something else with less saturated fats. I do like adding apple slices to my salad but the carbs were high; but the choice of apples oppose to other high glucose food is not bad. Also, I am also thinking of eating my bread products i.e. muffins, bagels, in moderation. When SD toasted muffins this morning, it smelled so good but I thought white bread is not the best choice. When on CR it is good to have household participation because it would be much easier to succeed each day. I did convince SD to try brown rice tonight with dinner and that went over well.