Sunday, January 4, 2009

roaming wild turkeys

It's sunny today and the cats are frisky. Cruiser is out for his jaunt and Bandit is house bound shadowing me if he hears commotion. SD asked me to research how to make a french drain. I gave him the specifications to confirmed his thoughts on how to construct it for the garden in front of the guest house. Today I would like to tweak my Cron-O-Meter diary and checking numbers on food items for food combinations.

A couple of wild turkey's roamed the back end of the property. SD called me out to see them. They were very large dark brown and not the snow white turkey's from Lynn's place next door. I didn't want to close into their comfort zone, so we watched them afar. They wandered as a pair for a while then decided to leave. They jumped on the fence then down on the other side in a running sprint through the next property. They were very curious.

exercise: I completed my Cardio workout using the cardio jumb board attached to my pilates machine. It was vigorous enough and I felt my heart going and perspired. I may work in the Level 1 exercise to keep my injured shoulder flexible and workout the rest of my body.

food 715 calories 33:34:34 (p:c:f): I added into my cronometer diary a Whey Protein mix drink. I wanted to up my protein values without fat content. The mix tasted great in the vanilla flavor. I had my protein shake after my workout. Directions suggested to drink before or after working out to build lean muscle. I am not trying to bulk up but get my protein in and achieve lean muscle and tone. After tracking my protein numbers these last days, it would be wise to increase my protein. After morning exercising: Whey protein drink, Lunch: rather large salad of baby spinach, red onion, dried cranberries, walnuts, raspberry walnut vinaigrette Dinner: roast lean pork loin, sliced firm baked potato with a touch of garlic and paprika, balsamic broccoli. Today, I wanted to try to get a more balanced results in my numbers. Drinking tea during the day is also helpful in feeling full.

gardening: I cleared the raised vegetable planter 10 ft x 5 ft of the zucchini and tomato plants. It's time and they are done. It was a nice treat when they flourished and fruited. I have made many dishes using fresh tomatoes and/or zucchini.