Thursday, January 15, 2009

shoulder dilemma

After much debate, I made an appointment to check out my shoulder. The doctor is an Orthopedic Surgeon for Sports Medicine. Diagnosis, an acute impingement in my left rotator cuff. A cortisone shot and exercise shoulder therapy.  He also had an exercise band and sheet detailing the exercises for the shoulder, I wanted to do it myself. If it does not heal in six weeks, then we discussed that I will go to therapy to have them work on my shoulder. Some of the exercises I already do within my Level 1 exercises on the Pilates machine. So I think I can work in the specific additional exercises at the end of the workout every day. The shoulder injury was caused when I used the handle grab with my left arm pulling myself into the passenger seat of the cab of our truck. My shoulder dilemma.

Morning tea and also throughout the day
40 minutes Pilates Level 1 on AeroPilates machine
10 minutes shoulder therapy exercises
28 g Whey Protein vanilla flavor mixed with water, 110 calories

Lunch
100 g Baby Spinach
15 g Walnuts
15 g Cranberries dried
60 g Avocado
20 g Chicken breast baked, leftover
CR 10 Calories dressing, mix 2 tsp brown spicy mustard, 2 tsp Splenda, 4 tsp Rice Vinegar
This is a nice sweet dressing I created, enough for this salad. You will like the taste. If you have had a honey mustard dressing before, taste this. This is my 'CR 10 Calories' dressing. For regular salad dressing add 4 tbsp light oil but add the calories.

Snack
125 g Plain Yogurt
80 g Blueberries, fresh fruit
25 g Granola Honey & Nut 

Dinner
96 g Baked Cod, only spices with no oil
100 g Brown Rice and sprinkle of parsley
100 g Broccoli with Balsamic

After dinner optional: CR 10 calories Cocoa: 1 tsp cocoa, 1 tsp Splenda, cup of hot water

This is 927 calories: 101 grams carbs,  76 grams protein, 31 grams fat.
I use vitamins and mineral supplements on things I am low on.
I use Cron-O-Meter with my personalized percentages.
protein:carb:fat  31:40:29 for today's food